CloudNAS enables distributed teams to collaborate on large files in real-time
SAN JOSE, Calif. – July 29, 2019 – Morro Data, the provider of hybrid cloud file servers, releases its latest update for the Morro Data CloudNAS solution. With CloudNAS, the headache and complexity of synchronizing shared files across multiple sites is eliminated and with the latest enhancements, Morro Data is delivering even more value for its customers.
“Companies of all sizes want to use the cloud for reliability and scalability, but moving data from on-premises file servers to cloud is not easy,” said Paul Tien, founder and CEO of Morro Data. “And once the data is in the cloud, how do you maintain performance and application compatibility to support existing workflows? With Morro Data CloudNAS, the performance and compatibility of NAS is seamlessly combined with the benefits of cloud allowing different sites to access a single, unified namespace simultaneously. That’s the power of CloudNAS.”
Morro Data CloudNAS is a scalable hybrid cloud solution that is composed of the Morro Global File System in the cloud and Morro CacheDrive gateways which are deployed on-premises to accelerate file access and sync among multiple sites while maintaining a fast, secure, and familiar NAS interface. Applications for CloudNAS today, include multi-site file server consolidation, cloud backup and archive for files and VM, as well as design collaboration. CloudNAS currently supports the following cloud storage providers: AWS, Wasabi, Backblaze, and Microsoft SharePoint.
Morro Data 4.2 provides the following key benefits:
· Morro Migrate: Automatically move data from on-premise file servers to the cloud with minimal downtime.
· Morro Audit: Detailed session and event logging enable tracking of usage history to maintain compliance with data security and policy requirements.
· SharePoint Sync: CloudNAS SharePoint Sync allows Office 365 SharePoint users to access their SharePoint Document Library at LAN speed with the added benefit of cloud-to-cloud (C2C) backup. Conversely, CloudNAS users can also synchronize their files to the Office 365 environment and its many applications.
· JumpCloud and OpenLDAP Support: In addition to on-prem AD, Azure AD, and User/Group authentication, CloudNAS can now integrate with JumpCloud and OpenLDAP.
· Enhanced AzureAD Management: Import Users/Groups and set roles and permissions.
· Incoming and Outgoing API’s: Allows CacheDrive integration with 3rd party applications
· Consolidate with Single Namespace and Unlimited Capacity: Sync, Replicate, and Archive shares store different data types in a single namespace.
· Other CloudNAS Functions: DFS support, SharePoint Sync for Office 365 acceleration, RTC for Revit enables remote team collaboration for architects and engineers.
· Low Deployment Cost and low TCO: Choice of different subscription plans (Business, Enterprise, and Design Collaboration) and CacheDrives (Physical or VM) to fit different budgets and needs.
Morro Data CloudNAS 4.2 is available immediately from Morro Data and its Global MSPEdge partners. For more product and service information visit https://www.morrodata.com.
About Morro Data
Morro Data enables high performance virtual team collaboration across global sites by offering a hybrid cloud solution to sync, lock, and protect office and design files across multiple locations. Morro’s core team previously developed the award-winning industry-leading ReadyNAS, which was later acquired by NETGEAR. Morro Data CloudNAS is NAS re-invented for the cloud era, moving data to the cloud for reliable, accessible and scalable storage, all while delivering local LAN performance. Morro Data CloudNAS global file services let admin easily manage unlimited files, multiple office file sync, VM backup to cloud, disaster recovery, and remote design collaboration. Our top user feedbacks are the ease-of-use and price-performance. For more information, visit www.morrodata.com.
Autodesk and Revit are registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365 are registered trademarks of Microsoft.
For Morro Data
Tel: (510) 398-1170